CAMWorks 2 and 4 Axis Turning software for programming CNC lathe machines includes automatic roughing, finishing, grooving, threading, cutoff, and single point (drilling, boring, reaming, and tapping) cycles. CAMWorks incorporates Machining Intelligence for Automation, a suite of tools that automate Feature Recognition and the generation of tool paths based on a user-defined technology database.
Automatic and Interactive Feature Recognition
Automatic Feature Recognition (AFR) analyzes the part shape and defines the most common machinable features such as the OD and ID of the part, front face, and grooves.
- AFR recognizes features on native solid models or on solid parts imported via IGES, SAT, etc.
- When bar stock is used, AFR generates a cutoff feature on the opposite side of the face feature
- CAMWorks provides an Interactive Turn Feature wizard for defining features that need to be defined for your facility’s machining requirements, such as custom OD and ID grooves
Turning for 2 and 4 Axis Lathes
CAMWorks Turning provides fast, error-free cutting using standard inserts for both front and rear turret configurations and tool path, simulation, and post processing support for sub-spindles.
- Machining algorithms use the latest tool path and gouge protection methods
- Define stock as bar stock, a revolved sketch, a 2D WIP sketch, or from an STL file
- Work in process (WIP) monitoring of stock increases cutting efficiency
- Define chuck to use for tool path simulation
- Simulated stock shape can be saved as an STL file for use as Turn, Mill-Turn, Mill, or Wire EDM stock shapes
- Tool path, simulation, and post processing support for sub-spindles
- Extend or shorten the length of a turn feature from within face rough/finish, turn rough/finish, bore rough/finish, and cutoff operations
- Reverse machining for face finish, turn finish, bore rough, and bore finish
- Reverse machining for threading to generate left hand threads
- Output for turning canned/fixed cycles for drilling, rough OD/ID turning, and facing operations
- Drill and center drill tools for both mill and turn can be specified from a common drill and center drill database
- Option to associate new turn features to current turn features. CAMWorks generates new operations for the new feature that are copies of the operations for the selected current feature
- Cutoff operation spindle speed/feed rate slowdown option to decrease the speed and feed rate at a user specified length from the end of a cutoff tool path
- Rough groove cleanup pass to remove scallops generated by the rough groove tool path
- Finish groove cutter compensation support
- Single pass option for groove cycle
- Multiple groove tool driving point options
- Option to set minimum and maximum Z limits for turn operations either globally or for each operation
- Back turning support
- Option to define varying allowances on turn tool paths
- Ability to mirror about the center line to generate tool paths below center line
- APT CL support for external post processing