CAMWorks Mill-Turn (Live-C) Machining
CAMWorks Mill-Turn multifunction machining includes milling and turning capabilities for multi-tasking machine centers.
- Supports C, Y and B axis machining at compound angles.
- Supports 5 axis simultaneous machining.
- The same Mill and Turn features identified by Automatic Feature Recognition (AFR) and defined using Interactive Feature Recognition (IFR) are supported in Mill-Turn.
IFR can be used to define 3 Axis features for Y-axis milling and wrapped features for cylindrical features machined by C-axis motion.
- The operations that are generated for features are the same as the operations in CAMWorks 2.5 Axis Milling, 3 Axis Milling, and Turning. These include automatic roughing, finishing, thread milling, and single point (drilling, boring, reaming, tapping) cycles and all 3 Axis cycles.
C, Y and B Axis Machining
Machining cycles are available for C, Y and B axis machining at compound angles and on the Face, ID and OD of a part.
The following mill tool axis motion is supported:
C-Axis OD (OD Free, Wrapped)
- Generates wrapped tool path on a cylinder about the turning axis (Z). Z and C are controlled simultaneously while the tool stays on the center line of the part.
Y-Axis OD (OD Fixed)
- Tool path is generated on a fixed C-axis position.
- For 2.5 Axis Milling, the tool moves to depth in X with Y,Z simultaneous cutting.
- Tool path is generated on a fixed C and B axis position
- For 2.5 Axis Milling, the tool moves to depth in one axis with simultaneous cutting in other axes.
Face Milling (Fixed, Free)
- For 2.5 Axis Milling, the tool positions to depth in Z with X,Y simultaneous or X,C simultaneous cutting.