CAMWorks provides numerous integrated features, visual tools and standalone utilities to improve productivity including the following:
Integrated Toolpath Verification
CAMWorks includes a fully integrated, fast material cutting simulation that can reduce the need for dry runs at the machine tool.
The integrated Feed/Speed Library has a modifiable database containing over 1.7 million combinations representing over 1100 materials. CAMWorks can access this library to automatically calculate feeds and speeds.
The CAMWorks integrated post processor supports virtually any CNC machine tool. The quality NC code that is generated can be optimized for your facility’s machines and production methods with the Universal Post Generator (UPG), which is a standalone utility included with CAMWorks. The easy-to-use graphical interface of the UPG is designed so users can quickly customize post processors to generate edit-free code for their machining environment.
The Predator CNC Editor is a standalone application that includes:
- CNC Editor – dozens of CNC intelligent editing commands, Microsoft® Word compatible menus, toolbar, and shortcut keys.
- File Compare – Integrated file compare with synchronized scrolling and line-by-line edit/change review.
- DNC – Send, receive, and DNC to any RS-232 compatible CNC machine. Works in the background even while other software applications are running. Supports an unlimited number of different CNC machines with appropriate hardware.
- Backplotter – Graphically verify CNC code by quickly backplotting any CNC program in a true 3D environment.
- Supports 1-4 viewports, eight predefined views, zoom in, zoom out, pan, and fit. Print any view and quickly add graphics to your setup sheets.